Samstag, 29. September 2012

Back again... and sooo many ideas for crafting...

Hey there!

Did you have a nice summer? Or are you looking forward to the upcoming spring?

I've just arrived from a wonderful trip to Spain, where the main part of my family is based.
We had a great time and fantastic late-summer weather. Here are some impressions:

Da bin ich wieder! 

Hattet Ihr einen schönen Sommer? 
Mein (Spät-)Sommerurlaub ist gerade vorbei und der herbstliche Alltag in Deutschland hat mich schnell wieder eingeholt. 
Wir haben ein paar wundervolle Wochen in Spanien bei meiner Familie verbracht. Hier ein paar Bilder aus dem schönen Galicien im nordwesten Spaniens:









And as always I planned to craft some nice little things while being on vacation and again those ideas entered the long and annoying list of unfinished projects. Do you have such a frustrating list, too? 
Sometimes I think that it's becoming longer and longer while the projects that I accomplish are really rare lately  ( I would say for 1 1/2 years now... wait a moment, when was little Lucas born? ... ;-) )

Usually I proudly present the results of the creative process, but today (and, to tell you the truth, because I have nothing to share with you yet, but wanted to connect with you again...) I will show you some of the unfinished work that is haunting me:

In Spain I had a really really nice sewing place, didn't I? My mother even has a machine that I could use:

Wie immer habe ich mir für die Urlaubszeit einige Projekte vorgenommen und obwohl ich einen wirklich schönen Nähplatz hatte, habe ich die Kindergartentasche, die ich nähen wollte, nicht fertig bekommen. Ich habe nur das Schnittmuster zusammen geklebt und den Stoff zugeschnitten. Ärgerlich bei begrenztem Gepäck. Da hätte ich statt des Stoffes doch besser noch zwei Blusen eingepackt.


And this is what I wanted to sew: a nice cute kindergarden bag. But all I did was to cut and glue together the pattern and cut the fabric (the cute fabric, by the way):



This summer I started a furniture-makeover. This is a filing cabinet which would be nice for some crafting devices. So I started polishing but never got to paint it. Now it's waiting in the basement to be finished. But it's not waiting all alone... it has the nice company of two dressers which I saved from the garbage truck and which are waiting for a makeover, too. 

Und so geht es mir immer wieder. Kennt Ihr das auch? Diese ellenlangen Listen mit unvollendeten Projekten? Ich zeige Euch mal eine kleine Auswahl meiner "geparkten" Projekte.(vor allem, weil ich nix habe, was ich Euch zeigen kann, aber Euch nach der langen Zeit mal wieder ein paar Zeilen schreiben wollte.) 

Diesen Sommer habe ich begonnen ein paar Möbel abzuschleifen. Darunter auch dieser schöne Aktenschrank. Leider bin ich vor dem Urlaub nicht mehr dazu gekommen, ihn neu zu lackieren. Jetzt steht er im Werkzeugraum und wartet auf sein weiteres Schicksal. Aber nicht allein! Er ist in Gesellschaft zweier alter Kommoden, die ich vor dem Sperrmüll retten konnte... Das werden zwei schöne Stücke, wenn sie mal fertig sind :-)




Another never ending project is our staircase. Months ago... I think it was in march (!) and in an attack of blind activism I started to draw picture frames on the wall with a little pencil. My plan was to paint fake frames on the wall to make sort of a gallery where I could show family portraits or other fotos, images and paintings that I like. But half a year later my staircase still looks like a kid scribbled colouring book!



Ein weiteres Projekt ist unser Flur. Im März (!) habe ich in einem Anfall von blindem Aktionismus überall Bilderrahmen an die Wand gekritzelt und angefangen sie mit Farbe auszumalen. Es soll eine schöne Galerie mit Bildern, Fotos und Postkarten werden... Tja...wenn's fertig ist, aber seit sechs Monaten sieht das Ganze so aus:








And what about this half-finished Mucha painting which I began years ago?

Und wie findet Ihr dieses Mucha-Bild? Ich weiß gar nicht mehr vor wie vielen Jahren ich begonnen habe, daran zu arbeiten. Nachdem es monatelang in irgendeiner dunklen Ecken ein trauriges Dasein fristete, habe ich es trotzig in den Flur gehängt und dort wartet es jetzt auf bessere Zeiten...




Finally I ended up hanging it in the hall. Waiting for better crafting times to come, ...

And do you remember the sneak-peek from the last post? The little dresser? I worked on it, yes. But it is still unfinished and will need many more hours of work. (Do you get an idea of what it will be, by the way?)

Und erinnert Ihr Euch an das kleine Schränkchen vom letzen Post? Ich habe zwar schon einige Stunden Arbeit investiert, aber ich bin immernoch nicht fertig. Könnt Ihr schon erahnen, was es wird?

 





But you know, one day.... one day I will accomplish all those projects !!! Yes, I will! And all those sewing ideas I have in mind, too. Some day my huge fabric pile will make sense. I will sew day and night until every little peace of fabric is used up. And then... after all the sewing and crafting... I would have freedom and peace and I would have nothing else to do and... I would feel an almost forgotten feeling: boredom... oh wait,... no,... that's not good... I better go and buy some more fabric... ah... and there is a flea market going on right now... perhaps I'll find something nice to restore...

No! Boredem would be the worst thing ever... I prefer the annoying Unfinished-Projects-List!!!

Aber eines Tages... ja... eines schönen Tages werde ich sie alle vollenden! Ja!... Ich werde einfach meine komplette Liste abarbeiten!... Und die vielen Näh-Ideen umsetzen! Dann macht auch endlich mein riesiger Stoffvorrat Sinn. Ich werde einfach tagelang nähen, hämmern, schleifen, streichen, sägen, sticken... Und dann ist die Liste Geschichte! Jawohl! ... Und dann bin ich frei... endlich frei und könnte mich mal wieder so richtig... oh... moment mal... ich würde mich mal wieder so richtig... langweilen?... Och nööö,... Langeweile ist blöd. Um dem vorzubeugen geh ich mal lieber schnell noch ein bisschen Stoff kaufen, da gab's neulich so 'nen schönen... da kann ich mir mal, wenn ich Zeit hab, ne Tasche oder so draus nähen... Und 'n Flohmarkt is hier heute auch... Vielleicht mach ich ja ein Schnäppchen! Die haben da manchmal so herrliche alte Möbel... die müsste man nur ein bisschen aufarbeiten...

Denn Langeweile geht gar nicht! ... Dann lieber 'ne ellenlange Liste mit unvollendeten Projekten!



4 Kommentare:

  1. Oh Cristina your pictures are lovely and how you made me laugh!!! I feel less lonely now! I have loads of unfinished projects but I usually put them out of sight, so I tend to forget them... A baby-book, a scarf, a bird-feeding house, frames, tidying my craft material, reparing the pile of clothes which has been waiting for a looooong time... ^^ Ah well, winter is coming, less going outside, more working inside ;)
    Welcome back in Germany by the way!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :-) Thank you for your feedback.Yes, I hope to get something done this autumn/winter, too. And I didn't forget our swap-deal. I will think about something that you can do for me. I love the tortellini :-) But I will do some thinking. And you? What would you like?
      Greets

      Löschen
    2. I need to get thinking about what I would like ^^ you have quite a few nice things on display on your blog...

      Löschen
  2. http://frederiqueandfriends.blogspot.de/2012/10/unfinished-projects.html
    You inspired me ;) and hopefully having identified my different unfinished projects will help me getting on with actually finishing them!

    AntwortenLöschen